The Equilume Stable Light provides the horse with biologically effective light in a system that replicates the benefits of nature’s environmental lighting for the stabled horse. When installed, the lights are designed to maximize health, performance and breeding efficiency by naturally strengthening the horse’s circadian rhythms.
Modern Management of horses requires that they spend a large proportion of the 24-h day indoors, unexposed to optimum daylight and frequently disrupted by light at night. This regime negatively impacts the horse’s body clock and can result in impaired growth, reduced immune response, poor appetite and performance. The Equilume Stable Light was designed to counteract these problems by providing the horse with biologically effective light.
- Improves growth and development in young stock
- Increases muscle response to exercise
- Improves daytime alertness
- Permits undisturbed night time rest
- Advances breeding season for mares
- Advances and extends season of optimum fertility for stallions
- Prevents prolonged gestation lengths
- Optimizes foal growth in utero for improved health and strength
- Stimulates and maintains optimum coat condition
- Minimizes electricity costs
- Reduces bacteria and fungi in stables
Watch this helpful YouTube how to video